Flashbots will be in Denver this week giving talks and joining panels at ETHDenver, and hosting a series of MEV and research events. If you’re in town and would like to chat – reach out!
We’re hiring across several key areas – see this post for more details if you’re interested in onboarding the Flashbots ship.
Thursday, March 2
MEV Panel: the State of MEV with @brock and @Quintus together with Jump, Wintermute and Dragonfly.
11:00 - 11:30am (add to calendar)
Encode Club - The Pit Hacker House
2109 Larimer Street, Suite 202
Panel on MEV and Shared Security with @bert, Zak Cole (Canto), Barry Plunkett (Skip Protocol), Neel Somani (Eclipse.builders) and Guillermo Angeris (Bain Capital Crypto).
5:40 - 6:00pm (add to calendar)
Shared Security Summit
ReelWorks Denver, 1399 35th Street
Make MEV, Not (Latency) War
7.30 - 10:30pm, with presentation & panels starting at 8pm.
- 8:00pm Latency Wars (Slides) | Chris Meisl (Blocknative)
- 8:20pm Latency Incentives & Transaction Ordering (Slides) (Follow up post)| Davide Crapis (Ethereum Foundation)
- 8:40pm Latency Considerations for Traders Post Merge (Slides) | Eyal Markovich (bloXroute)
- 9:00pm Roast: the Tyranny of Location (Latency Roast: The Tyranny of Location Discussion Materials) | Michael Jordan (DBA), Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet), and more…
The Ramble Hotel, 1280 25th Street
This event is curated by Flashbots, brought to you by Blocknative, with special thanks to BloXroute Labs, DBA, Gauntlet, Rook, Figment Capital & Fenbushi Capital.
Friday, March 3
ETHDenver talk: Commitments and privacy in the MEV supply chain | @bert (Slides) (Recording)
10:20am - 10:40am (add to calendar)
ETHDenver Devtopia, National Western Complex
ETHDenver Privacy Workshop: Boiling the TEE Kettle with Andrew Miller, Flashbots and friends
3:30pm - 7:30pm
The Pirateship Hackerhouse
- 3:30 - 4:00pm Private Smart Contracts are Worth the Price of the SGX (Slides) | Andrew Miller (UIUC)
- 4:00 - 4:20pm Why TEEs suck both less and more than you think (Slides) | Phil Daian (Flashbots)
- 4:20 - 4:40pm An Intro to SGX & Enclave-based API (Slides) | Kevin Yu (Attestation Solutions)
- 4:45 - 5:45pm A Tutorial of ORAM | Elaine Shi (CMU)
- 5:45 - 7:30pm Breakout sessions into white boarding and discussions
Saturday, March 4
Flashbots - MEV [re]search-athon
- 09:30 - 11:00 Coffee Meets Bagel: [re]searchathon SPV matchmaking
- 11:00 - 11:30 Censorship-Resistance in On-Chain Auctions (Paper |Slides) | Max Resnick (Rook)
- 11:30 - 12:00 Numerical analysis of non-atomic trade execution protocol (Slides) | AC (Cron Finance)
- 12:00 - 12:30 From auctions.google.com to auctions.best (Paper | Slides) | Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet)
- 12:30 - 13:00 An anatomy of order flow (Slides) | Tom Schmidt (Dragonfly Capital Partners)
- 13:00 - 13:15 Probabilistic Approach to MEV-aware DEX Design (Slides) | Amir (0x)
- 13:15 - 13:30 MEV Implications on DEX Order Flow (Slides) | Danning Sui (0x)
- 13:30 - 14:00 Order Flow Auction Treasure Map (Slides) | Quintus Kilbourn (Flashbots)
- 14:00 - 15:30 [Roast] OFA Beauty Contest | Roast Master: Dan Robinson (Paradigm)
- MEV-Wallet (Slides) | James Preswich (Nomad)
- Wallet-Boost (Spec) | Dan Marzec (Blocknative)
- MEV-Share (Slides) | Robert Miller (Flashbots)
- 15:30 - 17:00 Breakout sessions into SPVs
- 17:00 - 18:00 [Roasted] SPV Presentations | Roast Master: Phil Daian (Flashbots)
Brought to you by Flashbots. Special thanks to Rook, Blocknative, Gauntlet, DBA, Fenbushi Capital.
9:30am - 6:00pm
The Pirateship Hackerhouse
Wynkoop Brewing Company, 634 18th St
7:00pm - 12:00am
As always, you can find upcoming talks and events in the Flashbots Collective calendar!