The MEV Letter #27

The MEV Letter is a weekly collection of papers, articles and resources related to MEV. The intention of this letter is to provide a comprehensive summary of the latest research, discussions, and developments in the space, with links for further reading.

:zap: In order to ensure The MEV Letter meets its objectives and provides an optimal reading experience, we’ve set up a survey to better understand reader preferences and expectations.

We do not include any trackers in the emails, which means that we can not perform direct analytics on reader behavior. Instead, we rely on your feedback to optimize content and improve the publication further. The survey is quick and your engagement is very much appreciated. Thank you! :zap:

Papers & Articles

Posts & Threads

• Alex Stokes published a thread outlining open questions that needs to be resolved in order to enshrine PBS in the Ethereum protocol.
  • Potuz published a thread critiquing the current PBS architecture, the use of optimistic relaying, and advocates for a shift towards ePBS.
  • Terence Tsao published a post that highlights the benefits of ePBS, addresses common misunderstandings and remaining problems.
  • Anders Elowsson published a post detailing the rationale behind their candidate for a new reward curve designed to find an equilibrium between validator rewards and network security.
  • snoopy published a thread on why OFAs will become less profitable as markets mature.
  • Alex Nezlobin published a thread that highlights a JIT+sandwich attack in the USDC/USDT Uniswap v3 pool by jaredfromsubway.

Talks & Discussions

Other

Upcoming events

:email: Sign up here if you’d like to get The MEV Letter straight to your inbox!

Previous editions of The MEV Letter
Join Flashbots :zap: :robot:

1 Like

mevAuction: a Multiple-Winner Auction System by mev.io describes how mevAuction introduce separate auctions for Top-of-Block and Rest-of-Block, and enables proposers to sell future block space.

This is by Manifold Finance and 20squares. The MEV Call Auction is fully backwards compatible with MEV Boost.

20sq has posted a few blog posts detailing the mechanism design and details:

Additional post from Manifold Finance detailing some of the operational changes from a node operator perspective.

That capitalization, for mevAuction, deeply triggers me. Our fault.

Cheers

1 Like

I used the same capitalization for “mevAuction” as in the article linked: mevAuction: a Multiple-Winner Auction System. The documentation use both “MEV Auction” and “mevAuction”.

• Let me know what the correct name is and I will make sure to edit the post above and adjust in future editions.
  • Who should I credit as the author of the posts published on mev.io?