The MEV Letter is a weekly collection of papers, articles and resources related to MEV. The intention of this letter is to provide a comprehensive summary of the latest research, discussions, and developments in the space, with links for further reading.
See our Transparency Reports for deeper dives into updates related to Flashbots.
- Ending LP’s Losing Game: Exploring the Loss-Versus-Rebalancing (LVR) Problem and its Solutions by Keyu dives into the negative impact of LVR for LPs and gives an overview of potential solutions to the problem.
- Eliminate the cost of on-chain trading by PropellerHeads describes how intents, solvers and P2P trading can settle trades closer to market price and reduce fees compared to traditional DEXes.
- Will MEV mitigation destroy on-chain liquidity? by Chris Powers explore how mechanisms such as OFAs and intents are incorporated into applications to mitigate MEV.
- The Pursuit of Relay Incentivization by Ballsyalchemist highlights the need for a sustainable relay incentive model following Blocknative’s decision to sunset their relay and builder operations.
- Dominance, Speed, and Million$ Moments: The Vyper Exploit’s Liquidity Scramble in the MEV Battlefield by EigenPhi explores how MEV bots behave during chaotic events like the Vyper exploit on July 30th.
- Chris Hager published a post to announce that Ethereum mempool transactions are now available on Dune via Mempool Dumpster.
- Bharath Vedartham published a thread that examine blocks proposed by the PEPC-Boost relay on Goerli which sells the top-of-block and rest-of-block separately to searchers and builders.
- Toni Wahrstätter published a series of posts with visualizations of private order flow:
- A list of Order Flow Auction (OFA) Protocols by Arthur Bagourd aims to categorize the current landscape of OFAs.
- Samczsun published a thread that introduces SEAL Drills for practicing detection, diagnosis, and swift response to onchain exploits.
- Ethereum Cat Herders published a thread detailing an implementing forward inclusion list with gas limits based on the specification by Terence Tsao.
- Scraping Bits: The MEV Monopoly: Flashbots’ Block Builder Future + Account Abstraction invites Brock Smedley to discuss MEV, account abstraction, order flow and more.
- Decoding MEV: Past, Present, Future by Finematics provides an overview of MEV, PBS and the impact it has on network decentralization and user experience.
- Node Operator Community Call #11 invites Titan Builder to present information on their new modular MEV-Boost relay written in Rust.
Sign up here if you’d like to get The MEV Letter straight to your inbox!