The MEV Letter is a weekly collection of papers, articles and resources related to MEV. The intention of this letter is to provide a comprehensive summary of the latest research, discussions, and developments in the space, with links for further reading.
See our Transparency Reports for deeper dives into updates related to Flashbots.
- Shared Sequencing and Latency Competition as a Noisy Contest by Akaki Mamageishvili and Jan Christoph Schlegel introduce a minimal non-trivial model that captures cross-domain arbitrageurs’ behavior and compares the performance of shared sequencing to that of separate sequencing.
- SoK: Decentralized Sequencers for Rollups by Shashank Motepalli, Luciano Freitas, Benjamin Livshits formulate the ideal properties of decentralized sequencers, dissect their core components and synthesize community insights.
- Exploring Cryptographic Approaches to Enhance Privacy in Intent Solving by Yulia Khalniyazova explores how TEE, MPC, FHE and other cryptographic strategies could enhance privacy while solving intents in Anoma.
- PEPC-Boost V0 by Bharath Vedartham introduces a relay design that holds a separate auction for top-of-block in order to reduce the competitive advantage of integrated searcher-builders.
- Commitment-Satisfaction Committees: An In-Protocol Solution to PEPC by diego Introduces Commitment-Satisfaction Committees (CSC) that extends PTC’s functionality to enforce in-protocol proposer commitments.
- Diamond: A Uniswap V4 Hook minimizing LVR by Arrakis Finance introduces an Uniswap v4 hook designed to mitigate LVR by requiring the builder to commit to a final pool price at the start of a block.
- Titan Tech Teatime #2 by Titan explores how priority queues allow builders to classify and process bundles to better optimize their block building process.
- Privacy in Tents: an overview of private solving strategies by Yulia Khalniyazova provides an overview of private solving and the various approaches that could be used to enhance privacy in the counterparty discovery phase.
- Based Rollup FAQ by Lisa A. | bot dives into based rollups and details the implications on MEV, sequencing, fees, decentralization and censorship resistance.
- Revolutionizing Staking Rewards: The MEV Protocol by mev.io announce MEV Protocol with a new slot auction that allows for multiple builders to win a slot.
- A List of Open Problems in Crypto - II by Emperor presents an outline of some of the open problems related to LVR, PBS, MEV, censorship resistance and more.
- Attempts to Find Flash Loan Arbitrage by stark explore arbitrage strategies that involve flash loans, options, and collateralized loans to mitigate risks.
- Davide Crapis published a thread with takeaways from Vitaliks post on minimum viable enshrinement (MVE).
- MEV-Boost Community Call #6 hosted by Alex Stokes discussed Deneb and MEV-Boost implementation updates, relay monetization, the PBS Foundation and more.
- Based sequencing ft. Justin Drake: Part 2 hosted by Taiko invites Justin Drake to discuss the disadvantages of based sequencing.
- Bell Curve: AMMs vs DEXs: DeFi’s First Debate Revisited invites Doug Colkitt and Eugene Chen to dive into CLOBs, AMMs and how gas, latency, and hooks are shaping the evolution of DEX designs.
- MEVDayAsia 2023:
- The Past & Future of MEV by Blair Marshall
- MEV Order Flow Evaluation by Mars Cheng
- Panel on MEV Protection & Recirculation with Chang-Wu Chen, Blair Marshall, Tomasz K. Stańczak, Mark Wang and Eyal Markovich
- Panel on Searchers & Builders with Tom Zhao, Wee Howe Ang, Max Resnick, Bowen Wang, Jiawei Zhu and Yerui Zhang
- New Trends Summit:
- SmartCon 2023: PROF: Fair Transaction-Ordering in a Profit-Seeking World by Ari Juels
Sign up here if you’d like to get The MEV Letter straight to your inbox!