An overview of the Flashbots forum

A couple of updates:

1. The Categories-tab, which is also the forum’s landing page, has been updated. The update removes the “Latest”-threads on the right side and presents the different categories as cards.

Very curious what people think. I think it creates a bit of a calmer experience without the mail-inbox-looking list of new activity grabbing users attention. It helps to direct users to the separate categories instead of mixing it all together. The Latest-tab still exists just like normal, I’ve just removed it from also showing up under Categories.

I think this change will be even more important with higher forum activity as the list of Latest and Top will constantly update and mix all kinds of content across all categories on the forum.

We are looking into ways to highlight certain tags on the landing page, for example #announcement and #article.

2. The MEV-Boost category has been deprecated and topics that previously lived there have been moved to the #Flashbots Ship-category. A new #mev-boost-tag has been added to relevant topics.

All topics are now categorized based on user group/audience, or in the general #Flashbots ship which spans across all groups.

In order to make it straight forward to navigate to the discussions related to MEV-Boost a link has been added to the navigation bar to the new #mev-boost -tag.

bild

3. Improvements continue to be made to our discourse theme which we are looking to roll out as default this week. An update will be posted in the thread as we go live. Let us know what you think, and how we can improve further!

EDIT: The new theme is now set as the forum default!
    (Standard theme can still be used from settings)

4. A couple of links have been added to the hamburger menu to easier access our Website, Docs, Github and Calendar:

5. The content duplication from Writings to the forum is postponed a couple of weeks.
    The event will cause a bit of noise on the forum as the 30+ posts will be published as new threads. Want to make sure we time this right and cause the least amount of disturbance.

6. We are looking into ways to customize the forum to better filter and signal topics that are published on the behalf of the Flashbots collective, i.e posts that would have been previously published on Writings.

1 Like