The MEV Letter is a weekly collection of papers, articles and resources related to MEV. The intention of this letter is to provide a comprehensive summary of the latest research, discussions, and developments in the space, with links for further reading.
See our Transparency Reports for deeper dives into updates related to Flashbots.
- Structural Advantages For Integrated Builders In MEV-Boost by SMG investigates latency advantages in MEV-Boost and why integrated searcher-builders are able to outcompete neutral builders.
- This is not the SUAVE you are looking for by Anoma explores how SUAVE can transform the development of MEV applications and foster a more open and innovative MEV ecosystem.
- Fair Exchange in Proposer-Builder Separation by Espresso Systems looks at fair exchange between builders and proposers with HotShot as the underlying consensus protocol.
- UniswapX — A Deep Dive by Arjun Chand dives into the architecture of UniswapX and the potential impact it can have on the future of DeFi.
- In a post MEV-Burn world - Some simulations and stats by Toni Wahrstätter presents findings from analyzing the potential impact of MEV-Burn on consensus layer incentives.
- Quick notes on Blocknative vs Mempool Dumpster data initiatives by Thomas Thiery compare Mempool Data Program and Mempool Dumpster and analyze their key differences.
- Spec’ing out Forward Inclusion-List w/ Dedicated Gas Limits by Terence Tsao outlines the required modifications for implementing forward inclusion list.
- MEV-Share, Flashbots’ MEV Redistribution Solution by EigenPhi looks at a real-world example of MEV-Share where a user received 90% of the MEV they created by a searcher backrunning their swap.
- New MEV-Share Client Libraries by brock announce client libraries for MEV-Share in Rust, Go, Java, Python and TypeScript thanks to the work of Matthias, Frankie, ZigaMr, duoxehyon and GrapeBaBa.
- Tldresear.ch published a thread to announce a cohort of 10 research fellows that will explore topics such as MEV auctions and Block Bidding Economics on MEV-boost.
- Simon Brown published a thread summarizing his recent paper; Measuring the Concentration of Control in Contemporary Ethereum that introduced a model for measuring the decentralization of blockchains over time.
- Bell Curve: The Essential Guide to General and App-Specific Order Flow Auctions invites Robert Miller and Xin Wan to compare OFA designs like MEV-Share and UniswapX to traditional order books by analyzing capital efficiency, fairness, and susceptibility to manipulation.
- Exploring the future of the Ethereum Virtual Machine by Devconnect invites Danno Ferrin, Alex Beregszaszi and Ansgar Dietrichs to discuss the upcoming EVM Summit in Istanbul on November 14th.
- Consensys Acquires SMG by Consensys announce the acquisition of SMG to enhance the way users, developers and businesses interact with the blockchain.
- Freerpc.merkle.io by merkle is a free RPC powered by reth that offers unlimited requests without throttling.