Request for SUAPP: Coprocessor for Base

SUAVE could be used to build a programmable coprocessor for Ethereum mainnet as well as rollups like Base. Nobody to this date has made a crypto coprocessor that is able to do private compute over shared state, while A LOT of applications depend on it.

Here we describe one possible architecture for it based on typical crypto coprocessor model.

Architecture

The design is illustrated by the graph below. The green boxes represent program running inside SGX.

Lifecycle of a user:

1. People register compute jobs on Base (e.g., call a contract that emits an event SUAVECoprocess(job)
  2. an event loop calls a SUAVE-geth node running inside an SGX, sending a transaction that calls the BaseCoprocessingContract on the function MonitorBase
  3. the function MonitorBase fetches the latest block on Base, get all the transactions, goes through the events they emit, upon seeing an event that registers a job, do the job (by routing to the best Service Subnet), then post the result back by sending a transaction to Base
  4. enjoy applications enabled by private credible compute today

Contract

contract MonitorBase {
    uint256 public lastBlock; // Last block number that was processed

// Event definitions
    event JobProcessed(bytes indexed job, bytes result);
    event TransactionSent(bytes indexed txn);

// Main monitoring function
    function monitorBase() external {
        // Fetch events using a precompiled function (or an oracle)
        bytes[] memory events = Suave.doHTTPRequest(etherscan, base, lastBlock);

for (uint i = 0; i < events.length; i++) {
            // Process each event to get a co-processing job
            bytes memory job = getCoprocessingJob(events[i]);

// Execute the job using a precompiled function (or an oracle)
            bytes memory result = Suave.doHTTPRequest(subnetAPIRouter(job), job);

// Send the result as a transaction
            sendTxn(result, events[i].info);

emit JobProcessed(job, result);
        }

// Update the last processed block
        lastBlock = block.number;
    }

// Function to send a transaction
    function sendTxn(bytes memory data, bytes memory contractInfo) internal {
        // Create and sign a transaction using precompiled functions
        bytes memory txn = Suave.signEthTransaction(Suave.createTxn(data, contractInfo), baseChainId);

// Send the transaction using a precompiled function (or an oracle)
        Suave.doHTTPRequest(baseRPC, txn);

emit TransactionSent(txn);
    }
}

Roadmap

Here we use the most degen example of AI services for the roadmap.

1. PoC on Rigil testnet + ChatGPT as a Subnet
  2. PoC of SUAVE-geth inside SGX
  3. Open source LLM as a Subnet
  4. Open source LLM subnet on SGX
  5. attestation of all SGX parts on Ethereum mainnet
8 Likes

At Equilibrium, we have experience in both building rollups, as well as working with TEEs.

Do I understand correctly that this is like an RFP or a Optimism Mission where soon anyone can write up a short proposal to get funding to build this?

Or this more of a “laundry list of ideas” or “Request for Startups” just to serve as an inspiration for builders who are looking to start something new in crypto? :slight_smile:

Cool idea for sure!

it’s a laundry list of ideas for now rather than a formal RFP, but everything is context specific

i need this!

1 Like