Forum redesign - New theme announcement 🏴‍☠️

Hi Flashbots collective :wave:

I’m deadpine, a designer working with the Flashbots team on a redesign for this forum. I want to share what we’ve done so far and open a conversation to gather feedback.

Our goal for this project is to make the forum more intuitive to use. We want to bring attention to the important parts and minimize distractions. In addition, we’re updating the overall aesthetics to ensure a consistent design with the Flashbots website.

Here is a list of changes we’ve made:

The new theme is live if you want to explore it. You can switch to the new theme by going to: User preferences → Interface → theme → LaTeX theme (dark or light)

Looking for feedback :zap:

We are all part of the Flashbots ship and care about your thoughts. Let us know if you have any feedback or ideas on how we can improve this further. We intend to set this as the default theme after implementing the feedback.

A couple of questions to start the conversation:

• What do you think of the navigation design?
  • What do you think of the theme style and colors?
  • What do you think of the font used for headings?
  • Is there something that you don’t like about this redesign?
  • Is there something we didn’t include that you think we should update?

Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

P.S: If you find a design bug, please report it here so we can fix it.

11 Likes

Beautiful! Thank you friend :heart:
I’ll play with the light theme this week, and with the dark theme next.

Feedback (in progress):

:older_man: I think that the font is very small.

2 Likes

Thank you, Leo. Appreciate all of your support for our team and this project <3

Re: Font, which specific font is too small for ya? We will look into it.

Everything is too small for me. With a zoom of 130% in my Firefox I’m comfortable. Do take this with a grain of salt, because I increase the font to everything. I’m currently using the forum at 150%, which is exaggerated, but my eyes seem to appreciate it.

Can you share a full screenshot? Just for reference,

1 Like

:no_good_woman: 100%

:ok_man: 130%

:exploding_head: 150%

Hi Leo, and thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:
You can select a larger font size by going to: User preferences → Interface → Text Size. Let me know if this works better for you.

3 Likes

Perfect! I have set it to larger :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I’ve installed the color-scheme-toggle plugin, as requested by @Fred. But it is broken: Dark/Light Mode Toggle - #40 by jordan-vidrine - theme-component - Discourse Meta

The one I’ve used before is this one: Theme Switcher Component - theme-component - Discourse Meta

Ahh bummer. Let’s try the other one!
:crescent_moon::sunny:

The table of contents component is not working with the latex theme.

I installed it for some internal topics that were too big. Now I would also like to use it for some of the writings topics, like Searching Post-Merge

Oh, thanks for the heads up. Will look into with @deadpine

Thanks Leo for reporting that bug. I’ll take a look into it.

It’s working now :person_shrugging: I’m not sure if it was fixed somehow while I was away, or if I was confused before. Thanks anyway :pray:

1 Like

We found a fix! :dizzy:

1 Like