Weaving an open redistribution research journal

## of January, 2024

On the first day of this year I did a ritual with my neighbor :white_flower::woman_elf:t3:, guided by Peter Limberg.

I don’t really like him.

I do like my neighbor, and it has been super interesting to follow their philosophical inquiry. I see myself as a recovering stoic, a born-again animist, a solar punk hacker. One of the invitations during the ritual was to write our minimum viable philosophy, so I looked at my waving reflections and wrote this.

Minimum viable philosophy

When I get distracted, when I get lost, I come back here.

1. My prayer

I am awake, I breathe, I say good morning, I’m grateful, I smile. Water for my face, water for my stomach, I am water. I connect with my body, what am I feeling? I connect with the sun, I connect with the forest, what are they saying today? I connect with my heart. It is open, I’m sharing it.

In the rocking chair, a prayer for those who are with me. A prayer for those who could not come. A prayer for those who were here before. A prayer for those who will come. Humans, and more-than-humans.

Shape-shifting. I change.

With my feet in the soil, I am ready to talk with the earth’s council.

The earth remembers. I remember.

2. The mystery

I am not confused, my curiosity is not overwhelming. I am light, I am dark, I am lightweight. I am not alone, the mystery is around me, the universe hugs me, my deaths are behind me.

My commitment is with myself. I am one, sometimes. I am multitude, sometimes. I am all sometimes, and sometimes I am not. Shape-shifting. I am present. I breathe. I show up at the table again, and again, and again. And I say:

• I am impeccable with my words.
  • I don’t take anything personally.
  • I don’t make assumptions.
  • I always do my best.

A water libation. :droplet:

3. Clan

With my heart open I walk with other human ánimas, the fugitives dancing at the edges.

• We share generously.
  • We stay, present, with this trouble.
  • We take responsibility for our own self, our well-being, and our boundaries.
  • We meet our cultural identity differences without making them the enemy or the idol.
  • We don’t know what we don’t know. It’s ok.
  • We aim for kindness, settle for curiosity or even avoidance.
  • We honor the stories and learnings.
  • When we feel safe enough, we leap.

We are water. :cloud_with_rain:

4. Tao

For the world is a sacred object, nothing is to be done to it.

This is the pattern that starts the weaving of my open research journal, a way to do new-old-emergent science, transparent and embodied, my situated response-ability.

It is also a writing exercise to make my research legible, supported by the Feliz Feliz writing workshop. This is not a stable chronological journal, the texts will change as we collectively edit them. Old, new, emergent, the kairos time. Thanks to them.

Open threads

:cyclone::tanabata_tree:.